More and more legionella consultancies see the value of using legionella compliance software. Digitising can save a lot of time and give you valuable insights and data, but it is important to get it right. Finding the right partner that gives you the support you need and software that is tailored to your specific needs can be a long quest.
But once you have selected software that you think works for you, you can get started on a pilot. In order to get the most out of a pilot, it’s good practice to check off a few things before you start. To make the process easier, we have drawn up a checklist of the main points to consider before getting started.
The checklist for legionella software
- Talk to the people in your organisation and list what they don’t like about the way they work now and how they’d like to work.
- Find out how much time risk assessors spend on performing legionella risk assessments, this way you can easily measure if the new software saves them time.
- Select a small group of people for the pilot: make sure they are open to technology, but have a critical eye and a good idea of what they and their colleagues need from legionella compliance software
- Your team members need sufficient training to make sure they can get the most out of the new software. Make sure they receive enough instructions and they feel comfortable using the program.
- Write down what you would like to get from your new software: do you want to save time? Increase conformity? Try to set goals and define how you will measure them.
Have you checked all the boxes? Then you are ready to start your pilot! Check our complete guide to digitising legionella risk assessments to help you further on your way.
Do you find yourself struggling to define your goals or if you’re unsure how to measure success? You can always get in touch for advice. Our consultants are happy to help you on your way.
Once started, keep an eye on how things are developing: how much time do you save week on week? By how much has the margin of error reduced? Don’t base a decision on the initial data, it can take time for everyone to get up to speed with the new system.
When the pilot has finished, take your time to evaluate all outcomes and see if they meet your expectations. If they do, you have found your perfect match in legionella compliance software!
Experience the benefits yourself!